Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I'm setting up my new iPad Pro but created then forgot my

Customer Question

Hi, I'm setting up my new iPad Pro but created then forgot my passcode. I set up 2 step verification but each time I try to retype my passcode, I'm locked out.
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: last night I think.
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: Not sure what you mean. I've tried a lot of things.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a brand new machine, nothing much personal on it. If necessary it could be erased?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You will then need to reset the device, it will remove all data from it but this we cannot avoid sorry.

To do the reset

Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes (install it from www.itunes.com if you do not have it)

Hold the power and home button down on the unit until you see in iTunes

"iTunes has detected a device in recovery mode"

Click Restore, let this complete and it should now work.

Note the restore can take up to a few hours depending on your internet speed, it will tell you when it is done or give an error if there is an issue.

Let me know the results please