Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Unable to send emails I need to reset SMTP Server. Mac Help:

Customer Question

Unable to send emails I need to reset SMTP Server. Mac Help: How to find SMTP not very helpful.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: I think it is Safari but cannot find cnfimeaion\\\\
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On computer via phone line.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Downloaded notes on "How to find SMTP " which did not show how to reset. EMAP is OK but no SMTP. We had a problem with an email that was locked into the system and would not go away. I think that removing that may have also removed SMTP
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about it for now. I hope!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Can you please go to www.whatismyip.com
Note your IP address down there.
Then go to https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
And put in your IP address and see if you are blacklisted (it will show it in red).
If so, this is why you cannot send on the computer and in this case you would need to contact your internet provider in order to get the public IP address you have changed.
Let me know how you go please