K Dismas
K Dismas, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

I have just reset my imac, the screen will not switch on and

Customer Question

I have just reset my imac, the screen will not switch on and it is just explaining how to use voice control Through the speaker
JA: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your iMac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  K Dismas replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.
But, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

I know how frustrating it is for you, but in your case, your iMac might be experiencing some bugs due to reset. You can try to fix this by starting up from macOS Recovery. Please visit the link below and navigate to the highlighted text for more detailed instructions.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have tried, I think it is stuck in voiceover mode as it keeps saying “ voicer over quickstart voice over speaks descriptions of items on the screen and can be used to control the computer using only your keyboard”
Expert:  K Dismas replied 14 days ago.

I am so sorry to hear that. Would you please try to power off your iMac, unplug the power cable for 5 minutes to reset the power, plug the cable back in then start your iMac?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It is still having the same issue
Expert:  K Dismas replied 13 days ago.

To clarify, may I know if you are using an external monitor?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No
Expert:  K Dismas replied 13 days ago.

Okay. Would you mind trying again to press and holding the power button for 10 seconds? If the start-up window doesn't appear, please release the power button, then try to press and hold it again for 10 more seconds.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Nothing has changed
Expert:  K Dismas replied 13 days ago.

I just want to tell you that I am not related to any service provider, store, or account. Instead, you have reached JustAnswer, a network of experts that are willing to assist you with your problem.

Okay. If that's the case, the best suggestion is to contact Apple customer support to resolve the issue. You can reach them through this number, 1-***-***-****. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now. I know how frustrating it is for you, but I hope you understand the situation. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  K Dismas replied 12 days ago.

Hello, it looks that you are unable to respond. I hope you are able to follow the instructions I provided you. I hope that works and is able to solve your problem. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you. Thank you very much.