Anikesh G
Anikesh G, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
108948392

My mac is dying, I'm 45 minutes into logging in from

Customer Question

My mac is dying, I'm 45 minutes into logging in from switching it on and I've got a black screen.
JA: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?
Customer: Not sure, its using High Sierra platform so not that long ago
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was playing up on Monday, wasnt actioning any typing for about 2-3 minutes then would burst into life, I had to reboot twice but it didnt help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 17 days ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer.com, an independent paid Question and Answer support site.

I am Ashu with over 6 years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question to ensure that I don't miss anything.

Expert:  Anikesh G replied 15 days ago.

Please follow the below steps to get this issue fixed:-

Try to start up from macOS Recovery

If your Mac seems to be turned on but nothing appears on your display, determine whether you're using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the appropriate steps:

Apple silicon

• Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.

• You should see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options. Select Options, then click Continue.

• If you never see the startup options window, release the power button, then press and hold it again for another 10 seconds. If the issue persists, please contact Apple Support. Link:- https://support.apple.com/contact

I hope this helps.