Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

Getting highly frustrated as when I try to update apple

Customer Question

getting highly frustrated as when I try to update apple store it say I am locked out for security reasons. Then it asks me for identity checks by email but always reverts to an old Orange email address that is no longer functioning
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: probably ages ago
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: no afraid I dont know how
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that'll be fine
Category: Mac
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Apple ID.

Please open the link given below and see if you can log in with your account there.

Are you able to log in with your password *****?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
seems to have connected
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

Are you able to use the app store now?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
changing the contact email from the discontinued Orange one to my present one. so that should fix my problem
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no says I cannot use same email as Apple ID only got one email address
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

Just to confirm are you trying to change your old email address on your Apple ID account?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the notification email address
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

Have you got another email address? because you cannot use the same email account for both recovery and Apple ID.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no
only the Gmail one
it is this recovery email that is causing the problem for me
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

Please click on the link below and sign in with your Apple ID there.

Then Click Edit in the Security section. Are you able to do that?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It's gone to the Orange discontinued email
I'll try the gmail
it just says locked for security
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
still showing the orange email
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

You can reset your Apple ID account to fix the issue. Could you try to reset your Apple ID account using the reset tool given below?

• Link-https://iforgot.apple.com/

Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

May I know what do you mean by Orange email?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
still wont let me update apple store as account is locked
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I used to have an orange email account when I first logged onto apple, it has since been discontinues but apple still sends the unlock email to the defunct account instead of the one I use
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm banging my head against a brick wall here because of my original email account being discontinued
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

I am really sorry for the difficulty. May I know what is the exact error message you are getting on the Apple store?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
locked for security reasons,
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

Have you attempted to reset your Apple ID account password?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
changed it and written it down think it is this old email account that is causing my problems and uit wont let me change to the new one
I need to verify my identity
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

What happens when you try to verify your Apple ID account?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it sends an email to the account I cannot access or I answer security questions wrongly It was years ago I set them so cannot remember to answers, are the answers case sensitive as I may be doing capitals wrongly
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

I am really sorry for the difficulty. May I know your Apple ID account address?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the original one was***@******.***
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

While resetting your password ***** you checked the Can't use any of these options? or can't use this email address? on the recover screen?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no not seen it
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

Since you are unable to verify, you will need to contact Apple support directly so that you can speak with an agent who has access to your account and provide reset instructions after direct verification.

To do that, please open the following link.

​​​​You can choose the contact option there.

OR

You can call Apple Technical support by calling the following number.

• 0800(###) ###-####/strong>

Speak with an agent and let them know what's going on, and they should be able to assist you further. If you have any questions on this, just let me know. Please keep in mind that I don't personally have access to your account or the ability to reset your password ***** and I could only guide you to the possible solutions.

Please click the link below for detailed instructions.

A rating is only needed when we are finished. Please kindly do not click on the negative or 1 or 2-star rating. We can continue to chat and solve the issue. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thank you for your help I'll do that
Expert:  Anas replied 19 days ago.

You are very welcome! If you are satisfied with my service, I'd kindly request you to rate me as an Excellent Service by clicking on the 5th star itself and click Submit at the top or bottom. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
All sorted now excellent work by your team
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

I am very glad to hear that! I am happy to help you. Thank you for using JustAnswer services. Have a nice day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas