Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I am trying to put my doctors net email onto my iphone but I

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to put my doctors net email onto my iphone but I can't get it to work
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: doctors.net.uk - it's a webmail account
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: iphone but it stopped working so I deleted the account and tried to add it in again but it says the host names might be incorrect
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've just tried things I've found on google but none have worked
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much does it cost to speak to him?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** are JustAnswer - an independent, paid-for question and answer website. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your email. I know that can be frustrating, and hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That's great, thanks so much
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Could you please let me know the server settings you used to add your email account on the iPhone?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I put in my email address -***@******.***, my password ***** my email and then it asked me for the incoming host and outgoing host names but I am not sure what they are. I access my email on line at webmail.doctors.net.uk
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

OK, I see. Please stand by; typing up some steps for you now.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
do you need my phone number?
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

A remote connect session will not be useful for this issue, so you will not be charged for your remote assistance request either. 

While setting your email account, your email server details are as follows:

Incoming mail server name is: mail1.doctors.org.uk

Outgoing mail server name is: mail1.doctors.org.uk

At the next step, tap on “Advanced”

- Ensure Use SSL is: ON

- Ensure Authentication is set as “Password”

- Ensure your Incoming Port is 993

Then, go back to your Outgoing mail server:

- Tap on mail1.doctors.org.uk (next to outgoing mail server)

- Ensure Use SSL is: ON

- Ensure your Outgoing Port is 465

Once done, tap Done and follow the prompts as they show up.

Keep me posted; thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thanks so much, am trying this now
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

No issues; I'll stand by. Thank you,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should I go through IMAP or POP?
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Please select IMAP when prompted.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Also it asks me for my user name again after incoming host name - is that just my email address and is the password ***** password ***** use for my email? thanks so much
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Yes, exactly - your username is ***** ***** email address, and your password ***** ***** same password ***** use to sign in to webmail. Please be sure to enter this same info under the Outgoing server/host section as well (this will come later).

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It says cannot connect using SSL when I press next - it doesn't take me to "Advanced"
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Hmm, I see. One moment,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Does it show any option to turn SSL off at that screen, or when you go back to the previous screen?

Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Please try setting up the account with SSL turned off this time, if it allows you to do so. The only two important settings to fill out correctly are as follows:

Incoming mail server name is: mail1.doctors.org.uk

Outgoing mail server name is: mail1.doctors.org.uk

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok trying that now, thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

OK, thanks.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It says the IMAP server mail1.doctors.org.uk is not responding. It says to check the network and the network is fine. It also says to check the information is correct and it is
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Hmm, these are the correct settings for your provider, so I'm not sure what might be causing the issue here. May I try setting up your account on my iPhone to check?

Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

By the way, did it prompt you for the incoming port number at any point?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, I never got prompted for an incoming port number
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

OK, one moment.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Alternatively, please get in touch with their support team via phone at +44 (0)1235 828400 (9am-4pm Monday to Friday) and follow the prompts until you are connected with a live agent. Once you explain the issue, they will be able to assist you with further specific steps to set up your email from here. And yes, it might not be a wise idea to share your login info for someone else to test your account from their end, for privacy reasons.

Keep me posted; thank you,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok, I will give them a call, thank you so much for all your help, I will let you know where I get to
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

OK, please try one final thing for now; typing up the steps.

Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

Please set up the account once again with the incoming and outgoing server details. If you are prompted "Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?" - tap NO.

Then, it might say "You may not be able to send or receive emails using this account" - tap SAVE.

Then, tap SAVE once again, when prompted.

Now, tap on your newly added account, then tap on your email account once again.

Tap on “Advanced” and check the following info:

- Ensure Use SSL is: ON

- Ensure your Incoming Port is 993

Tap Done.

Then, go back and tap on your Outgoing mail server (SMTP) and then tap on the "Primary server" listed. Check the following info:

- Ensure Use SSL is: ON

- Ensure your Outgoing Port is 465

Tap Done.

Then, open up the Mail app and check if you are able to send and receive emails under this account thereafter.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, just to let you know we've found a doctors net app and I can access my email through that on both my iphone and my ipad so all sorted. Thanks so much for all your help today. All the best
Expert:  Bryan replied 14 days ago.

OK, I see. That's great, and thank you for the update as well!

Just to clarify, we are JustAnswer - an independent, paid-for question and answer website.

You can manage and/or cancel your membership on our site using the following link:

https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited

For any other account or billing concerns, you may reach out to our customer service using the contact options listed here:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us