Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am looking to reset my Mac Pro 28" and reinstall Monterey.

Hi, I am looking to reset my Mac Pro 28" and reinstall Monterey. How should I approach this please
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac Pro?
Customer: Monterey ver 12.4
JA: How long has this been going on with your Mac Pro? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I updated to Monterey but I have many work apps that don';r
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: t work with Monterey. I would prefer to start afresh
Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I understand that you are trying to reset your Mac. Please give me a few minutes to review and answer your question. Thanks for your patience.

To confirm, do you want to completely erase everything from your Mac and install a fresh macOS?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am reinstalling Monterey
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Not at present

Thank you. You can boot the Mac to macOS Utilities screen and then erase and do a fresh install. Turn off your Mac. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS Utilities screen.

From there, click Disk Utility. Select Macintosh HD or Mac HD (storage drive name). Click Erase and erase it.

Then close Disk Utility. Click Install/Reinstall Mac OS. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you. 
​​​​​​​Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please let me know by replying here, and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied, or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If is not on this Mac
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This is a bit confusing for me it is on another Mac pro

Sorry, the secure remote service won't work on this issue. It was an automatic service offer from this site. I didn't accept the request here so the security deposit you made will be refunded back to your account.

Please follow the instructions I sent you above to erase and reinstall the macOS.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you for your help. Bye.

You are most welcome! If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. I would be happy to help you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Have a good evening!

Hello there, I’m just following up with you. Do you have any follow-up questions? If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ashik

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
all done thanks

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Good Night!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you ensure I am NOT charged £22 as the previous chap stated the auto prog thing could'nt do what he needed it to do.

Since we didn't use the secure remote, you can contact customer support and they will refund the security deposit you made for it.

Please get in touch with customer support via this page, and they will help with that-> https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

or call --> 0***-***-****

Best Regards,
Ashik

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for the info on my refund. Very satisfied with Juat answer. Thanks.

You are most welcome!