Joseph
Joseph, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Lead Technician
107060210

Can you tell me when software for the Canon SX620 HS will be

Customer Question

Hello, Can you tell me when software for the Canon SX620 HS will be available for MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 please
JA: Which Canon product do you have?
Customer: SX620 HS
JA: What have you tried so far with your Canon software?
Customer: I've rried to download the software but it tells me that it needs to be updated by Canon
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 days ago.

Hi, I am Joseph. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply soon.

If you have any more information about your question you would like me to know about, please send me another message. If I have all the details about the question, then I can give a more precise and accurate answer.

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 days ago.

The newest driver that Canon has put out for Mac is for Mojave.  You can try and install that to see if your system will accept it.  https://en.canon-me.com/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_compact/powershot_sx_series/powershot-sx620-hs.html?type=download&language=&os=macos%2010.14%20(mojave)

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm afraid that doesn't answer my question. I'm reluctant to install a different operating system. When will the software be available in Catalina so that I can transfer my photos to my Mac?
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 days ago.

Sorry, but that is the only option unless you allow Apple's software to use a generic one instead.

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for letting me answer your question. Have a nice day.