Yachtwork
Yachtwork, Yachtmaster Ocean & MEC3
Experience:  Yachtmaster Ocean & MEC3
10951514

Our boat is fitted with a Navnet VX2 system. Our plotters

Customer Question

Our boat is fitted with a Navnet VX2 system. Our plotters are showing a date of 2/11/02, I understood the date was updated via the GPS, this doesn't appear to be happening. Can I update manually? I have tried a cold start but this hasn't worked.
JA: Did you download all the necessary software for the update (e.g. Garmin Express or WebUpdater)?
Customer: That is not applicable on this system
JA: How's the Internet connection while updating? Have you tried restarting your computer and trying the download again?
Customer: There is no facility on this system to update via Internet
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

Hello, welcome. Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to? My name is***** am here to help. I have been in the marine industry for 25+ years and have been a licensed Marine Engineer since 2009. I like to think outside the box and was part of the team that set the UIM Round The World Speedboat Record. I would like to be your requested tech when you have boat issues. I will be happy to help you.

I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back on the water quickly.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

Are you at the boat now?

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry about the delay. This is a bit of a tricky question as we don't get that too often.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

If you go down to the bottom of the page and look for #12, that has the setting of the time and date.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

How does that sound?

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 11 days ago.

I did my best to answer with the information I had. I hope it helped with the project.

You might want to mark me as a favorite Expert and then on your next question you can request me and we can pick up where we left off.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. My name is ***** ***** I go byCustomer Marine Engineer on the site.

Scott