Yachtwork
Yachtwork, Yachtmaster Ocean & MEC3
Experience:  Yachtmaster Ocean & MEC3
10951514

My Raymarine t210 screen became garbled a week or two ago.

Customer Question

Hi. My Raymarine t210 screen became garbled a week or two ago. No obvious impact or issue. All other screens working fine. Any help appreciated
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: Trying to reset T210 screen or similar
JA: Is there anything else the Boat Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i don’t think so
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please continue search
Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

Hello, welcome. Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to? My name is***** am here to help. I have been in the marine industry for 25+ years and have been a licensed Marine Engineer since 2009. I like to think outside the box and was part of the team that set the UIM Round The World Speedboat Record. I would like to be your requested tech when you have boat issues. I will be happy to help you.

I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back on the water quickly.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

Are you at the boat now?

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

I have that set to open to the factory reset page. That is one option.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

It goes like this. A garbled screen is not so easy to fix because the reset kind of needs the screen to do.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

It might be software issue so we can try a software upgrade but I looked here-

https://www.raymarine.com/service-and-support/software-updates/

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

but I did not find an upgrade for your display.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

The trick that might work is to take the display off the boat and open the case just a bit so a little air can get into it. Then store the display in a warm dry place as in maybe the water closet. Let it stay for a week or so and see if that dries out the inside of the display.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

If that does not work then open the case completely and find all the ribbon strip connections and wiggle them and spray some contact cleaner on anything that looks like it is not soldered.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

If that does work then we are getting to where we have to replace the display.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

So that gives us some direction.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

How does that sound?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. I’ve dismantled it as far as I can. Will dry it out for a few days, re assemble and then maybe try the factory reset.
Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

That is great. Let me know how it goes.