Yachtwork
Yachtwork, Yachtmaster Ocean & MEC3
Experience:  Yachtmaster Ocean & MEC3
10951514

Wa need replacment fist curley cable for simrad RD68 radio,

Customer Question

wa need replacment fist mike curley cable for simrad RD68 radio
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: the curley cable insulation is damaged uv
JA: Is there anything else the Boat Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

Hello, welcome. Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to? My name is***** am here to help. I have been in the marine industry for 25+ years and have been a licensed Marine Engineer since 2009. I like to think outside the box and was part of the team that set the UIM Round The World Speedboat Record. I would like to be your requested tech when you have boat issues. I will be happy to help you.

I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back on the water quickly.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

Are you at the boat now?

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

This curly cable is a bit of an issue. The rubber broke down and they all fall apart. There are not really any new options as all the spares have been bought up by the rest of the world that had bad cables. So what we do is just find a new cable and replace the cable and use the old ends from the old cable. Or we just replace the whole VHF but that is not so easy because the VHF size is not really that standard.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

That gives you a few options.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

How does that sound?

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 12 days ago.

I did my best to answer with the information I had. I hope it helped with the project.

You might want to mark me as a favorite Expert and then on your next question you can request me and we can pick up where we left off.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. My name is ***** ***** I go byCustomer Marine Engineer on the site.

Scott