Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator

I have a similar problem with my alarm (also an 08 Mazda 6)

Customer Question

I have a similar problem with my alarm (also an 08 Mazda 6) but I have NOT noticed any associated problems with doors, bonnets, hatchback etc?? It doesn't happen every night but can occur several times in one night, as happened last Saturday? Help!!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Simon,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I can wait a little longer but not more than 2 days please.

Hello Simon,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this -

Assuming that indeed there are no other issues - electrically with the, starting problems especially - then this is invariably a fault with one of the door switches or bonnet micro switch being faulty - not full failed, or it would be there all the time and the door / bonnet open light would be on all the time - but just faulty. When this happens, the system sense a voltage drop -and sets your alarm off as you have -

So you need to fully check each door switch - you will see each held with a single screw to the body - remove the screw and take the switch out - remove the wire - and fully clean - ideally use a spray switch / contact cleaner- to the wire connector - and where the screw attaches - as this forms the earth circuit. Do this with each switch - and retry it.

If thats not cured it - then the bonnet micro switch is next - this is on the actual bonnet lock / catch - you will it there - try cleaning - but often it will need replacement.

IF you were to find none of the above cures it - on the odd occasion then its a fault in the system itself - for that you would need garage help with plug in equipment to interrogate the alarm and trace the fault and cure it that way - there is at that point no other way as its a solid state / electronic system - But work through as above first -as 99% of the time its one of those switches at fault and easily cured as above.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Hello Simon,

A Professional has answered your question. Please remember to rate the answer given once you are satisfied. There is no extra charge for follow-up questions.