Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

When I went to my Mazda 6 this morning the doors were

Customer Question

When I went to my Mazda 6 this morning the doors were locked. On opening the car it was obvious that someone had been inside and various items had been stolen. This is the third time this has happened - on the previous 2 occasions I accused my wife of not locking the car after she used it.
I now think that the security system is being overridden. Is this a problem other Mazda drivers have had?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If someone has an extra key for your model or had a key made off of your vehicles VIN number then they could access the interior of the vehicle to then steal items.If it is locked and any tools are used to enter the vehicle usually the alarm would sound so it almost sounds like there is an issue with someone having a key for your model being able to then access the interior of it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete