Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My 2013 Mazda 6 tourer has today had some instances where it

Customer Question

My 2013 Mazda 6 tourer has today had some instances where it starts juddering with a lack of acceleration for a few seconds. I'm concerned because this happened a couple of years ago and not long after the turbo failed and had to be replaced. Firstly is it likely to be the turbo again? If not what could it be?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I cannot say for sure it is the turbo but usually, when it is the turbo it lacks on acceleration and sometimes smokes from the exhaust and the turbo whistle may not be heard to operate as well so this may not be the turbo and is unlikely due to it being replaced already.

This sounds like a fault with a lack of fuel.This can be due to a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump/injection pump causing this fault needing replaced.

What will have to be done from here first is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model's data port.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.If no codes are set then the fuel system will need tested for any issues and if any issues are found they will need to be corrected.If no fuel issues are found then the turbo would need to be tested to see if it needs to be replaced again.If it does need to be replaced again I would speak with the facility that replaced it to see if there is any warranty coverage for it since it failed again so soon.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete