indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

Just got my lovely Mazda 2.2 2010 vintage but can’t start it

Hello just got my lovely Mazda 2.2 2010 vintage but can’t start it it-Steering wheel is locked and loads of flashing lights. Can’t unlock wheel with suggested method of depressing the ignition button could it be the battery is dead?Yvonne

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi Yvonne .

Yes your battery voltage is too low this happens when the battery gets to lower than 10.6volts .

You will need to check and recharge the battery .

Then try and start the engine when running check battery voltage again you should have 14+/-.5 volts if alternator is good .

If voltage is low at less than 13 volts alternator is bad and will need repairing or replacing .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg