experteer
experteer,
77184159

How do i replace tbe front brake discs on Mazda 2 2011

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Mount the vehicle on the front axle and remove the front wheels.

The brake calliper has 2 screws from the rear, these must be loosened with a ratchet or a ring spanner.

Use a fork wrench to hold the two 6-edge nuts which are located just in front of the screw heads.

Remove the brake pads.

The guide of the brake pads is also screwed into the steering knuckle from behind with 2 screws. Remove them.

Now you can remove the brake disc. Carefully clean the contact surface on the wheel hub and the guide of the brake pads.

Reassemble everything in reverse order. Before installing new brake discs, clean them thoroughly with brake cleaner, otherwise brake failure may occur.

The torques for the screws of the brake pad guide are unfortunately not available to me at the moment, you should ask for them at a workshop on site.

It is important to replace the screws after disassembly (except the wheel nuts).

If you are not sure, you should still leave the workshop to a garage, the brake is a safety-relevant component.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.