experteer
experteer,
77184159

My Mazda is CX-5 2012 automatic diesel. I'm experiencing

Hi, my Mazda is CX-5 2012 automatic diesel. I'm experiencing issue with shifting while driving. At some point, the gear changes without my input. The display on dash will change from D to DM1,2 or 3.
Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Just bought used from Japan 3 months ago.
Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Am not. Took it to Mazda dealership. They say I need to change the gear shifting mechanism
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Yes, I agree with the Mazda garage.

The fact that the display is surrounded by M1,2,3 is a sign that the gearbox thinks you have set the selector lever from D to M mode (Manual).

The transmission recognizes this by the electronics in the selector lever. Maybe it could help to blow some compressed air into the side of the gearshift, if it's dirty it could help. Experience shows that this is a mechanical / electrical problem.

I think, however, that only a new selector lever will solve the problem permanently.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

experteer,
Experience: