CarDoc
CarDoc, Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have a Mazda cx5 Assistant: What year is your CX-5? The

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Mazda cx5
Assistant: What year is your CX-5?
Customer: The engine light has come on
Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: 2016
Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fault. Turbo charger pressure not detected
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fault code. Exhaust pressure sensor a range
Category: Mazda
Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Do you have the actual fault codes that start with 'P'?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
P2262 and p0471
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Also engine sound rough at low revs. Loss of power
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Have had the dpf cleaned. Still has same issue
Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

P2262 is a failure of the turbo itself or the turbo actuator, this needs to be investigated further.

P0471 relates to the exhaust pressure sensor, it could be faulty or it is as a result of the turbo fault, this sensor has 2 small hoses connected to it (please see the picture attached).

Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

Your car is in limp mode due to these faults detected, this a safety feature which reduces engine performance to prevent damage. Once these are fixed, the engine will run normally.

The P2262 is not neccessarily a faulty turbo, this can be the actuator not operating correctly due to a vacuum leak from split hoses, actuator diaphragm damaged or the actuator arm stuck.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

I hope I have answered your question, if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please don't forget to leave a 5-star rating. Your rating benefits me and helps me build my reputation. It is also a way to thank me for using my time and expertise to respond to customers. Thank you.