Nathan B
Nathan B, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years experience as a mechanic working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and running my own garage
27720961

MK 2 with electrical problems. No dash lights, ie ignition,

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: MK 2 with electrical problems. No dash lights, ie ignition, rev counter etc, intermittent other bits like brake lights, horn, indicators.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes, Feels more like a bad connection somewhere
JA: What year is your Mazda 2?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda 2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, only just started looking, it's an MOT failure purchase, I am a mechanic so not completely stupid, but electrics is not necessarily by bag!
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought perhaps bad connection related to fuse-box, so removed it (not completely, it's still connected to wires) but looked for corrosion, none.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m fine waiting
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have youi performed a diagnostic so far?
If so, could you tell me please the error codesit showed?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet

Dear customer, do you have knowledge to handle tester or voltmeter? Any current tester that you know how to use.
Have you checked fuse by fuse that none is blown or you only took out the fuse box and check the connections without checking the status of the internal fuses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don’t need your help and I do not wish to be charged, forget it, if I’d performed a diagnostic I would not be contacting you, I do not want your advice thank you or your silly questions

I apology for my questions, i wanted to guide in order to sort out your problem in the simplest way possible.
but no problem you can request a refund and cancel your question and the same i will do.
Best regards.