sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Mazda tribute immobiliser has stayed on

Customer Question

Category: Mazda
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes I will wait but if there is no response soon I will expect a full refund
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, I understand. Let me explain how your immobilizer system work

The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.

When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a bypass.

If you have a problem in the key or in the immobilizer, your vehicle does not turn on, this happens a lot when we perform works in the vehicle, it may have unintentionally done something to the battery that made the vehicle think that you were trying to turned on without its respective key or some other case that could activate the immobilizer.

In your case, the immobilizer can not verify the codes, this may be due to different factors, such as the key has been deprogrammed with the immobilizer, or that the key has no access to the vehicle, therefore the immobilizer inhibits the ignition , this type of problems is quite common so you do not necessarily have to go to the dealership to solve it, although it would be the most prudent and correct thing to do, There are locksmith companies that can help you with your case, reprogramming the key fob, key and the immobilizer, and verify if any of the modules present damages or if there is a short, to sort it out you need a key programmer as this is owned just by the dealership and auto locksmiths.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is a very generic answer of course I a called a locksmith who couldn't help me and dealerships are economically unviable I was hoping for actual help remedying the situation but obviously you do not have the required experience
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

I apology for this dear customer, sadly when the immobilizer is activated we have to reprogram it.
You can try bypass or manual resets as the following procedure but it is unlikely to work.

Dear customer, you could also try the manual reset to see if your car gets back to work as usual:

1) Turn the key to ON position without ignite the engine.

2) Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery.

3) Wait around 3 to 5 minutes to let all the modules delete its data.

4) Turn off the key and take it off.

5) Reconnect the negative terminal.

6) Turn again the key to ON position and wait around 30 seconds to let the modules restart.

7) Turn ON the car