Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

There is a warning saying vehicle system inspection check

Customer Question

Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: Cx 5 manual diesel 2012
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: It has 119 000 miles on clock, last serviced 2 months ago after a recall for an intake valve
Assistant: What year is your CX?
Customer: 2012
Assistant: Are you fixing your CX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet the massage just pop yesterday
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The coolant container is over the full mark and I don't know how it happened
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Steve and I am a fully qualified technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help you.

The vehicle system inspection check does indicate that the vehicle needs to be serviced, if the vehicle was serviced two months ago then it is very likely that they didn't reset the indicator and you should take the vehicle back and ask them to do this for you.

The coolant level will alter depending on the engine temperature and it would be worth checking when it is cold.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further questions.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue.

You can ask further questions even after clicking accept.

many thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Surprisingly the coolant level doesn't go down even when the engine is cold, and there is a smell of exhaust fumes when you open the radiator cap

That doesn't sound good, but if the exhaust were leaking through the coolant it would be blowing the coolant out of the system.

The coolant may have been topped up too high at the service and the smell may just be the coolant mix. Some antifreeze does have a strange smell.

If you have concerns that the exhaust is leaking through the cooling system you can remove the cooling system cap and start up the engine and allow it to tick over. any breech in the head gasket will allow a stream of bubbles to be seen coming up through the system.

Presuming that the coolant temperature gauge has not indicated a high reading and as long as the coolant level doesn't change I would be confident that nothing is seriously wrong with the cooling system.

Do please get back to me if you have any further questions.

Steve

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thanks will try that and I will notify you if there are any changes

Ok do let me know.

Steve