Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Several warning lights show - parking, skidding, tyres,

Several warning lights show - parking, skidding, tyres, engine + message SCBS Forward Malfunction. Why.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mazda Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2017 B5 URE automatic 2.2 deisel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. Probably take to a local garage if straightforwards. Mazda dealer not very close.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: everything works fine

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

The most likely cause of all the symptoms you have is a failed brake light switch, even though your brake lights are probably woking ok, the switch has another circuit in it which informs the ECU of its position. When this goes wrong it will bring up a whole host of faults as your has.

Having said that, if the brake light switch is not the problem then it could be a failed tyre pressure monitoring system. If this is the case it could become complex and would be better taken to the main dealer under warranty.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further questions by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. even

after clicking accept you can continue to ask further questions on the matter by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Should I take it to my local reliable mechanic to fix?

If the Mazda dealer is a long way away I would see if your local garage can just fit a brake light switch, in 90% of cases that will be the problem, but if its not that then the Journey to the Mazda dealer will be worth making as the TPMS can have problems which can be complex. The dealer would be the best place to get this fixed.

Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Should I take it to my local reliable mechanic to check out?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your help - that’s most helpful

If you are happy with your local me mechanic, yes I would let him check the brake light switch, it won't take long and if his has a suitable diagnostic scanner (most do now) then he can check it out in under half- an- hour.

Steve