CarDoc
CarDoc, Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

The check engine, scbs failure, tyre pressure warning

Customer Question

The check engine, scbs failure, tyre pressure warning failure, brake assist failure and traction control system failure lights have all come on but with no obvious problems
Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: they have stayed on however some switches off on their own but later came back on
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: mazda 3 2014
Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not tried anything as yet as I don’t have the fault finder tools. Just concerned as there does seem to be any change to the way the vehicle drives. I need to know if it’s safe to drive
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mazda
Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 days ago.

You need to get the car hooked up to a diagnostic scanner to see what the fault codes are indicating. Looking at the types of faults, it seems as though one problem has caused all the warning lights to turn on. It's usually the smart city braking control system or the tyre pressure indicator system that causes this issue. The SCBS uses a foward facing camera, which can cause failure if it gets dirty. The tyre pressure warning can be caused by a failed tyre pressure monitor valve or one of your tyres has low pressure. All the warning lights are on because all of these systems affect each other if failed.