Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I would like to ask about turbo charger in my Mazda. The car

Customer Question

Hi. I would like to ask about turbo charger in my Mazda. The car have already 190k. Can I regenerate that’s turbo.? And how much gone be. +\-
Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: is Mazda 6 2,2 diesel 2010 hatchback
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 160hp
Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When I buy the car I done all filters liquids
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to know what’s I can do with the turbo how difficult is to exchange the part or regenerate the old one (original one)
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi. The thing is. I’m not a mechanic. And what is better. ?
Keep going on this turbocharger till finish work?
Or is better to fix this problem now till the part still working and is in one piece?
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade,, hopefully I can help you.

A replacement turbo is available for around £300 available from here and here There will also be a fitting charge if you need a garage to fit it for you and that will be around four hours labour, the average garage rate is £70 per hour so around £280 labour plus vat, the total job will be in the region £700 with oil and filter, so not a cheap job.

If the old turbo is not leaking oil or showing signs of wear there is reason to replace it, but if the turbo is showing wear and has movement in the shaft then it should be replaced as if it fails in operation it can cause major engine damage.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept you can continue to ask further questions by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
So is no point to buy secondhand turbo?

HI

No I would not buy a secondhand turbo, they are too delicate and I would not be happy using a secondhand unit.

Steve