Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

As I’m driving all the warning lights on the dash come on

Hi. As I’m driving all the warning lights on the dash come on and the engine cuts out
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: I haven’t checked any thing yet. Just now I’d the first time the whole car as shut down whilst driving and other cars behind me having to break
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2017
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have no clue how to fix anything on a car. Just looking for ideas and then will know where to take to get fixed
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s everything thanks

Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years int he trade, hopefully I can help.

When the vehicle cuts out is it very sudden like the ignition has been turned off, or does it slowly loose power until it cuts out.

Alos does it totally cut out and need you to stop the vehicle and restart or does it pick up again at some point and drive on fro a bit ok.

If you can answer these questions I will try and give you an idea of the problem you may have.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi. As of yesterday it has just cut off totally. I need to pullover and start back up today it would even start back for 30 seconds everything was dead. Before yesterday everything used to just flicker on then off but the only thing to cut out was the radio. The model is a cx3

This sounds like a major power supply failure, I would suspect that the fault is either in the main battery lead at the connection to the fusebox or in the main fusebox. Being 2017 the vehicle should still be under the Mazda warranty and I would contact them with regard to the problem. It does sound like a safety issue.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread,

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept I can continue to answer further questions by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Stephen Rothwell,
Experience: Director at Steve Rothwell Limited