Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

Loosing power when I first accelerate and going up hills,

Loosing power when I first accelerate and going up hills
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: just had a full service in may
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: Mazda 6 sport nav 2.2 diesel 2014
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not fixing it myself. I had been to local garage and put on diagnostic machine and came up with no faults
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: once it gets past 3000 revs it then goes really fast and full power

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help you.

The one component which will give the symptoms you have without leaving a fault code is the MAF sensor this is located on the induction pipe at the air box end, often disconnecting this will restore power as the ECU then readjusts to a pre-set set of parameters. This will bring the EML up and leave a code in the system having been disconnected, but this is a method to test for the difference in power.

There is also a common problem with your Mazda which causes lack of power when accelerating exactly as you describe it, this is due too the turbo intercooler outer hose becoming detached. The remedy is to fit a new clip (part number SHY1 13 737)

One of these 2 problems is most likely the source of your poor acceleration.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept you can ask further details by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much that’s very helpful

Your welcome, I would check the intercooler hose first.

Steve