Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

I have lost the keys to my 1994 Mazda 323f - Mazda garage

Customer Question

I have lost the keys to my 1994 Mazda 323f - Mazda garage has told me this key is no longer in existence so telling the car is dead - please advise
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: No I only had one key
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: calling a mazda dealership to get a replacement key with transponder but they tell me that this key is no longer on the list of replacement keys!!
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today you still have a couple of options have you tried your local Timpson lock smith as they can supply and code keys.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have been told by a Mazda dealership that the specification for this key and make of car are obsolete. That’s why asking you guys

I know have you got a local Timpson lock smith to try first.

This is the next option more involved see image this is the ECU / Lock set option.

As discussed regarding the only two options with your vehicle if it is only the second option that is possible finding all the parts from the same vehicle could be difficult if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.