Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

Well, I've made a boo boo! My Bongo is a 2.5l petrol and

Well, I've made a boo boo! My Bongo is a 2.5l petrol and I've stupidly put diesel in! Haven't attempted to start it. Is there a drain plug on the tank? The camper is a 2000 model.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Everything was fine. Don't want to try to start with diesel in the tank my
JA: What is the model of your '00 Mazda?
Customer: It's a Bongo Friendee campervan
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything yet, looking for advise.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that the tank was very low on petrol before I put in by mistake diesel ⛽

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today it is very rare to have a drain plug on a fuel tank are you stuck at the fuel station.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Gavin. Yes, haven't tried to start it.

Has it been turned in to a full camper i ask this regarding access to items.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
All Bongos are Japanese imports and to the best of my knowledge start life as a minibus/mpv and then get converted. So I would imagine the answer is yes

I mean has it got a sink unit ect ect if it has you will have to ask in the petrol station who is used to drain fuel tanks in that area.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it has a sink unit etc, so I will have to get the tank drained locally? If so, can this be done by syphoning or does the tank have to be removed?

They will be syphoning the tank.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok, thanks for your input. Goodbye.

No problem regards Gavin.