sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a B1126(13) fault code (Mazda 3 2.0 skyactive 2014)

Customer Question

Hi, I have a B1126(13) fault code (Mazda 3 2.0 skyactive 2014)
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: B1126(13) yes I tried to reset, but didn't help
JA: What is the model of your '13 Mazda?
Customer: Mazda 3 2.0 skyactive 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to disconnect the connectors and reconnect them under the seat and also at the clockspring
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's all
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Also the airbag warning light is flashing on the dashboard in the sequence of 2-2 (22)
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I would like to know if you have already checked the battery, fuses and immobilizer system, I would also like to know what events preceded the failure, or what happened?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I just checked the battery, shows 11.95 V when engine is off and 14.05 V when engine is running. I checked all the fuses , they seem to be OK. The car had no accident I was driving around Scotland when all of a sudden the warning light came on, I never had it on before so not too sure what happened

Dear customer, the number (13) talks specially to the code B1126:13: airbag module open circuit or high resistance.
It seems that the offside airbag is not working well, it would cause a replacement but first I recommend you to verify very well its connections, but just on the passenger side.