CarDoc
CarDoc, Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Yellow exclamation warning re:parking sensors on start-up -

Customer Question

Yellow exclamation warning re:parking sensors on start-up - parking sensors not operational
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: parking
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2013 Mazda 6
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried cleaning the parking sensors
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't think so
Category: Mazda
Expert:  CarDoc replied 18 days ago.

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, only accept this if we can't resolve the issue through messaging, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok, sure.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
can you see the photos I sent?
Expert:  CarDoc replied 18 days ago.

When you turn the parking sensors on, you should be able to hear a faint clicking sound from each sensor when you put your ear close to it.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 18 days ago.

Yes I have seen the pictures. You will need to obtain the fault codes via OBD diagnostics, the fault code(s) will point to fault, whether it's a single sensor or if it's a problem with a different component within the parking system.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
let me check just now - no obvious clicking sounds
Expert:  CarDoc replied 18 days ago.

Ok, It's likely that the entire parking aid system has been disabled, this is usually what happens when a sensor fails.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
How do I get the fault codes you mention?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can i reset the whole thing?
Expert:  CarDoc replied 18 days ago.

You need to get the car hooked up to an OBD diagnostic tool. This will show all the stored fault codes on the parking aid module.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i need to go to a dealer?
Expert:  CarDoc replied 18 days ago.

It doesn't have to be a dealer, you can go to a mazda specialist or any large independant garage. They will be equipped well enough to deal with these sort of problems.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 18 days ago.

I hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me by replying on this message thread.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.