sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I’ve changed battery’s in key fob on my Mazda 5 sport 12

Customer Question

Hi I’ve changed battery’s in key fob on my Mazda 5 sport 12 plate an now keyless won’t work
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just changed battery came up low battery on dashboard
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, have you changed only the battery of your key or have you also moved or touched the battery of your vehicle? Could you send me a picture of the warning on your dashboard?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just key fob battery an now I get nothing on dash as if it’s not detecting key
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer, do you have a replacement key that you can use to discard electronic components, it seems to me that the most common is that the key is damaged or the batteries you have used as replacements have the same fault, I would try others before trying to locate a place to do a reconfiguration.