sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Mazda 3 skyactiv sport on a 66 plate. The

Customer Question

I have a Mazda 3 skyactiv sport on a 66 plate. The navigation system since giving up the free mapping updates sends me allover the place ie from my home in a close its a turn left for 300 yards then onto the main road. Satnav wants to send me through a housing estate to join the main road just 300 yards further on from the obvious way
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: 2016 October
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm 87 and limited on what i can now do in repairs. Online purchases of SD card mapping 2019/20 and 2020/21 tried of no use
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, now not reliable enough so have gone back to a Garmin
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How long is the wait before mechanic starts responding?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My name is Ken. What photo or video could I possibly send to you? I can only give you text examples like on a trip from Birmingham home to Chichester the route would be M42, M40, A34 from Oxford bye pass Newbury etc. What it did do and as I was leaving an area in B'ham not familiar to me which is why I was using the satnav, was to miss out the motorways and take eventually onto the A3400 to join the A34 at Oxford and then instead of the Newbury bye pass took me through Newbury. What more can I say?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Continue online chat

Did this problem start suddenly?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Not really, I had had suspicions for some time with minor deviations but put that down to possible road closure etc.

Dear customer, is the positioning correct? I.e. does it correctly identify where you are located?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry but I will have to close this link down in 5 minutes, I have my evening meal to attend to, it's in the oven. If you come up with any solution would you put it in email please?

Dear customer, I believe that the problem you are experiencing is a signal update lag. If I had this problem, I would reset the nav sat, removing the maps, i.e. leaving them safe in their SD, in this way the signal lag could be solved and it would give the right indications again.

Dear customer I hope you try the options I have recommended above and tell me how it goes, this reset I advise you to do it from a diagnostic equipment, but take into account what I told you about the SD so you do not lose the maps.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.