sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Over filled oil and engine lost power and blew out smoke,

Customer Question

Over filled oil and engine lost power and blew out white smoke
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: Mazda CX-5 62 plate
JA: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So it’s in with Halfords auto they have changed the oil and cleaned the DPF but still isn’t running properly.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no … thank you
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, was it working well before this oil filling?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When I put my foot down you could here the turbo stutter
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Felt like it was struggling a bit … so thought it needed a top up

Dear customer, have you tried draining and refilling it? Is there an active indicator?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve taken it to Halfords auto and had the oil changed and filters also DPF cleaned but still is running correctly
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No indication

At the moment, white smoke is still coming out when switching on? from which part is it coming out?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The garage didn’t say
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Was from the exhaust

Dear customer, this is a possibility, ideally a vacuum leak test should be performed, to really confirm if there is no problem in the gas recirculation in any other section.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok what’s the likelihood of the turbo be blown ?

Dear customer, usually a turbo damage ends up activating some sensors, so I see a very low possibility for now, as you have no active indicators and no error codes.

Dear customer, I hope you will heed the recommendations I have given you above.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.