sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Batery flat key will not open door mazda 6 09, I can not get

Customer Question

Batery flat key will not open door mazda 6 09
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: I can not get into car
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Put wd40 in key hole its not opening door
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, have you tried to change the battery of the key fob?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How can i change key fob

The battery of the key fob dear customer, although if you wish you can explain me better what exactly is the problem you present, the battery of your car discharged and you can't open the bonnet?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Dear customer, first we have to try to gain access manually with the key, in case it is not possible, then to open the car, a solution you can take without having to call an auto locksmith is gaining access to the starter motor, to do this, you need to take off the protection cover that is under the engine i,e under the car, you can lift the car or use a ramp. Take off this cover and locate the starter, with jump wires and with an auxiliary battery, connect the possitive wire to the starter positive terminal wire and the negative terminal of the aux battery to any part of the chassis. Then quickly you will push the key fob to open the car ( make sure the key fob battery is ok). This is the only way you can try without affecting any part of the car to open the car and replace the battery as it must be flat due the time sat. In case, you canmot do it, an auto locksmith garage or locksmith tech is the best to sort out the problem, as they can help you open the car, the bonnet and reprogram or check the keys if it is needed. There are other methods as gaining access through the grill to replace the battery and others on internet but i do not recommend most of them, because you take the risk of damage the lock or the paint of the car. In any case you can try with them as well.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.