How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

pressure is being applied to my mother by doctors and social

Customer Question

pressure is being applied to my mother by doctors and social workers over entry to a nursing home which she does not want - she is 83 and of sound mind - currently she is in Ramsey Cottage Hospital on Isle of Man
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Is your mother unable to care for herself from a physical standpoint?

Are you able to have her stay with a family member temporarily?

Be sure to ask for a consult with a mental health professional in the hospital to determine her competency. It is not enough that you say she is of sound mind.