Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

can I use viagra if I take high blood pressure tablets

Welcome to Justanswer

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Could you please name the medications?

Could you please tell your average blood pressure readings?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my medication - simvastatin 20mg -bendroflumethiazide2.5mg -ramipril10mg -amlodipine10mg

blood pressure -156 over 77 last week

Thank you for the additional information and for your patience :)

Viagra (sildenafil) is advised not be taken in patients who are on nitrates since the combined effect of the two can lead to dangerously low blood pressure.

However as in your case you are not using any nitrates and your blood pressure values are also on the higher side so it should be safe to be used in your case.

Still it would be best to discuss/inform/take in to confidence your treating doctor about the use of this drug.

Hope This was Helpful :)

Please let me know if you need further clarification. If satisfied please remember to click on positive rating (preferably number 5 please)

Warm Regards :)
Dr MASK