Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Why do I have difficulty climaxing ?

Why do I have difficulty climaxing ?
This is Dr. David

difficulty climaxing could be due to poor nerve conduction in the pelvis, around the prostate, or into the penis. the parasympathetic nervous system controls erections, but the sympathetic portion of the nervous system controls climax and ejaculation.

if you are using cialis or penile injections, it sounds like you most likely have substantial nerve damage to your erectile ability.

do you have prostate cancer and prostate surgery history?

or diabetes history?

also taking certain anti-depression medications can also cause difficulty with climax. are you on any anti-depression medications?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No I do not have p.cancer or diabetes no surgery either .I agree that it is to do with the nervous system how can I improve the problem?

do you have problems with having erections? staying hard?

or just the climax and ejaculation part?

how long are you having sex for?

how frequently are you having sex?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It does go soft but after a break and some foreplay it goes hard again we usually try for up to an hour. Iwould like to try more often but we are down to roughly once a month but my wife is losing interest and doesn't want to bother at all. Which means I have to do it myself if I want to climax.

I see.

all of us men as we get older, the nerves which control ejaculation and climax all fire slower and slwoer as we get older. medications like cialis and viagra can help with erections, but sometimes climax is still difficult.

the best thing is to talk to your wife about it. see if she is willing to go with you to a sex therapist to talk about different techniques to make climaxing easier and faster. sometimes doing mutual masturbation can make it a bit easier to climax. also you can experiment with stimulating lubricants like from Trojan. these stimulating lubricants might be more stimulating to you and might help you climax faster and might make sexual interactions more stimulating to you and her.

do you think your wife would be willing to try that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will discuss with her and also try the stimulating lubricant you mention

best of luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David"

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com