Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

For 2 weeks Ive been feeling something moving low down in my

For 2 weeks Ive been feeling something moving low down in my tummy, ive done a pregnancy test which was negative and I also Have a Coil fitted. It started around the time I started Antibiotics for an abscess. Any ideas.

Thank you for using this site. I am Dr Ken and would do the best I can to answer your question.

Do not forget - The deposit you placed to asked this question in not used to compensate me until you rate my answer. Please remember when you are asked for rating, you are rating 'My Service' and not the site itself or your device.

Do you have associated symptoms like abnormal bowel movement/ abdominal distention or fever? Were any investigations done to see for the cause?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No other symptoms other than the feeling like a baby moving low down, ive been prgnant so I know what ot feels like. My abscess is under my armpit and i have been on 2 different antibiotics at once and although it burst and started to get better it has now gone sore again. I feel silly going to the doctor saying it feels like a baby moving.

I do understand your anxiety.

I am happy that there are no other symptoms. Feeling of movement at lower abdomen can be due to varied causes like - increased peristalsis of the bowel loops {it is generally seen with antibiotic course}/ excess gas in the bowel loops/ constipation/ mass in the pelvis {ovarian cyst or some other lesion}.

In your case I would bet on abnormal bowel peristalsis with gaseous distention first.

Stool analysis/ ultrasound of abdomen should give us more answers.

Till than - Gas-X and warm compress should help. Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol and smoking.

Please do not worry.

Wish you well.

Let me know if you want me to explain anything in more detail. If you feel the need to click either " Bad service" or "Helped a little", please stop and reply via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to explain more on the specific concern.

Best