Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

hi i cannot stop my stomach from gurgling all the time im also

hi i cannot stop my stomach from gurgling all the time im also passing a lot of wind and belching a lot with a bad taste in my mouth after i have also heartburn but not often ive taken nexium for the last 2 weeks and the symptoms dissappeared for a few days but are now back again..someone told me it is cancer is this true

Dr. Sohaib :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question. I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.
You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Dr. Sohaib :

Since how long this symptom has been present?

Dr. Sohaib :

Do you have diarrhoea?

Customer:

about 3 months ive no diarrhoea

Dr. Sohaib :

Recurrent episodes of vomiting or did you vomit out blood? Significant weight loss?

Customer:

no vomiting or vomiting blood lost some weight but not much

Dr. Sohaib :

Thank you very much.

Dr. Sohaib :

Well this is very unlikely to be a cancer of the stomach. And since that it responded to Nexium, the most likely reason for these current symptoms is either Reflux or Stomach ulcer or a combination of both.

Dr. Sohaib :

Bacterial over growth can also be responsible for this excessive gas, but absence of diarrhoea makes this unlikely.

Dr. Sohaib :

I wonder if you were tested for H.Pylori or not?

Dr. Sohaib :

This is a bacterium that lives deep in the stomach walls and can cause chronic stomach problems (ulcers, gastritis) and can be tested by a blood sample.

Dr. Sohaib :

If found to be positive it will require a round of antibiotics along with nexium to eradicate this effectively.

Dr. Sohaib :

You can continue with nexium meanwhile and discuss this with your doctor for further testing.

Dr. Sohaib :

Avoid large fatty and spicy meals.

Dr. Sohaib :

Avoid alcohol and smoking.

Dr. Sohaib :

Do not lie flat immediately after meals.

Dr. Sohaib :

Also a little exercise daily will be helpful for you.

Dr. Sohaib :

I hope this clarifies and answers your question.

Dr. Sohaib :

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will appreciate 5 Star Rating (Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise.

Customer:

thank you...so its unlikely its cancer then?

Dr. Sohaib :

Yes very unlikely. Stay relaxed.