How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48811
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Hi I am a 35 year old female, followin a chest infection pains

Customer Question

Hi I am a 35 year old female, followin a chest infection pains in chest worsened and was diagnosed with pleurisy in hospital ( infection found in bloods)- taken amoxicillin. Now pain is in my back with flu like symptoms, doctor prescribed a course of oxytetracycline taken for three days having little effect. What to do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This Dr. David

you need to go back to your doctor for more evaluation. the infection in the chest (pleurisy) could have come back. the infection might have become resistant to amoxicillin antibiotic and the oxytetracycline might not be the right antibiotic either. you might require IV antibiotics in the hospita.

any shortness of breath in this situation is serious and you need to go to the ER or back to the hospital for evaluation for possibly stronger antibitoics.

does this help?

do you have other questions?