How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Das, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2379
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Das, MD is online now

I have itching after climax what can I take to stop this I

Customer Question

I have itching after climax what can I take to stop this I am a 51 year old male
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 4 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Do you have a regular sexual partner? If not, do you have the itching if you change partners?

Does the itching occur only at the opening or all over the penis?

Since when have you had the itching?

Do you have a rash or discharge from the penis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am married & I have not had intercourse with any one else the problem started after I had the snip 3 years ago, there is no rash, the itching is all around
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

You have probably developed an immune reaciton or an allergic reaciton to sperm proteins.

After a vasectomy, sperms continue t be produced in the testes. These get broken down and are absorbed back into the body. They can then cause an immune reaction, especially when the semen cones into contact with the mucus membrane of the urethra. This condition is however very rare.

Other more common causes are minor trauma to the urethral opening which flare up after every sexual act and itch, a yeast infection, either in you or your wife or , allergy to vaginal fluids, especially if your wife has started a new medicine, allergy to a lubricant etc.

Please consult a urologist. Your wife also needs to consult a gynecologist for a checkup and for a vaginal swab to be sent for a lab test.

I hope this helps.