How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

I have a lumpy rash on both the cheeks of my face, which burn,

Customer Question

I have a lumpy rash on both the cheeks of my face, which burn, a little itchy. The rash goes right down to either side of my chin. I did have shingles about 3 years ago and often get an irritation on my back where this was.

However, my husband has recently passed away rather suddenly and I wonder if this is a reaction to that.

Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this excellent question

I'm very sorry about this problem and I'm very sorry about your husband. That is awful

I need to ask further questions in order to gather information and provide you with the best answer possible.

1)any new medicines?

2)any new plant, food or detergent exposures?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No new medicine. I can't think I have changed my diet, shampoo, detergent was changed before my husband passed away on 21st April.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

can you upload a photo of your face and the rash.

this would go along way to helping you make a diagnosis of what is going on.

here are instructions for uploading a photo.

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox next to the paper clip

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file to upload
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well, I didn't get very far because I cannot upload a photo of my face, so thank you for your help so far. Surely, I don't have to pay £26 for this brief consultation, I cannot afford it, so please refund to my card.

I will have to go an see my Doctor in the morning - it is 11 p.m. here in England. Are you in the US?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
yes, I am a doctor in the USA.

there is a chance your rash could be impetigo skin infection.

but it is hard to know for sure without seeing the skin.

talk to your dermatologist about this possibility.

do you have any other questions?