DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I got bad cold or flu like symptoms 12 days ago. I still

Hi I got bad cold or flu like symptoms 12 days ago. I still got a slight post nasal drip ears are unblocked now so nearly all good. Issue is chest when I breathe out hard is still wheezy and has been for 10 days. When I breathe out hard I need to cough then it's clear for a minute or so. I cough nothing up. I did take amoxicillin should I been on more effective anti biotics or is it viral. Apart from wheezy chest I feel fine.
Hello from JA
You need an exam.
If indicated by exam, a chest x ray.
Younger people can carry pneumonia around and then suddenly you might have an emergency.

Otherwise it can be bronchospasm from the illness without infection and you need inhalers for a while.
Amoxicillin is not an effective antibiotic to cover pneumonia.

So I would get this checked.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did go to doctor 8 days ago and he wasn't concerned. Said to use inhaler but hasn't really helped at all. It was a government doctor but he seemed thorough. How would u know about pneumonia if you had it?
chest x ray.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
And bronco spasm is this from colds or flus. I thought pneumonia is bad and u would know if you had it
Pneumonia is sometimes something you walk around with
Bronchospasm is spasm of the tubes in the lungs...after any illness of the lungs.
please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How long does bronco spasm last for then? Would augumentin anti biotics cure that
Antibiotics only cure it if there is pneumonia.

It can last weeks, even with treatment with inhalers.

Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok can I return to exercise ie gym weights and running. Would other anti biotics help or no good. Does exercise slow healing or no difference
These questions can not be answered without examining you.
If it is not pneumonia, antibiotics don't help.
You should not be exercising until the broncospasm /wheezing, is gone.