How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I have a problem, some times when I want to speak in public

This answer was rated:

I have a problem, some times when I want to speak in public I experience intense fear so much that my heart will violently skip a beat and I will lose my poise and my voice will tremble. I have been treated with salipax and Xanax, the salipax treatment has helped reduce my fear but it is still there. What do I do?
Hello from JA
IN fact a beta blocker can treat this symptom.
And since you have heart symptoms this might work better than the meds you are currently on.

I would treat this homeopathically, prior to resorting to any meds.

However, a beta blocker would be less likely to have side effects that the combination you are on, and would be only for use prior to the talks, so you would not have to take a pill every day.

I would talk about this with your doctor.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you