How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

i am 48yrs old I was sexually abused from 3 - 12 yrs old by

Customer Question

i am 48yrs old I was sexually abused from 3 - 12 yrs old by my father and his mates. I am married with 4 grown up children, but since the death of my mother the past has come back to haunt me and although my husband and I have sex we have very different sex drives his being off the scale and mine zero. I do have sex with him when he wants it but I zone out and relive the abuse over again . what can I do
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

this requires psychotherapy from a PHD clinical psychologist.

Past trauma effectively can give you PTSD, and reliving trauma is typical of this.

There are a variety of techniques emerging that are showing great effectiveness, such as EMDR, a desensitization technique, but this should be done in the context of therapy by a qualified professional.

PhD clinical psychologists are usually family therapists, and when appropriate, your husband could participate in sessions, thus further helping with all healing needed.

Take a look here about EMDR
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.