How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58388
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Good day I am a very stressed mother and grand mother. My

Customer Question

Good day
I am a very stressed mother and grand mother. My grand daughter who is 15 years old attacks her mother if she does not get her way. She has been taken to a psychiatrist and soon after the treatment started, she went to live with her (very angry) father who sent her back to her mother after a year. His wife could not cope with the child. She refuses to go to a psychologist for help. My daughter made an appointment but when it was time to go, she had dissapeared. The attacks are so violent that we fear for my daughters life.
I thought of a school where she can be looked after 24/7 and treated on a daily basis for whatever her problem is ( of which a big portion is the loss of her father as she loves him very much).
Can you perhaps help. Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this excellent question.

I'm very sorry about this troubling situation.

How can I help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please tell me what to do. Will phychiatric treatment help a person like that or should she be taken up in an institution/school where she can be looked after and receive treatment daily. What treatment do you suggest/

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
If she refuses to see a psychiatrist, she will need to be admitted to some type of center

Boarding school

Inpatient psychiatric treatment

Even some type of juvenile jail would be better than this

Clearly she needs to agree to treatment or she can't live at home though Annekie.