How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9126
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

Hi I am 50 years old. Since dec I have been crying often. I

Customer Question

Hi I am 50 years old. Since dec I have been crying often. I am exhausted, my hands swell up, I am whoosey all the time, dull headaches and eating sweet things. I have had blood tests that show nothing. not thyroid or diabetic , not menopause .
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.
Hello Sara,

You are most likely to be suffering from depression.

The symptom of excessive crying is a sure diagnosis of depression.

Further blood work will not be of much help.

You should consider now the option of a psychiatrist consultation. Psychological diseases are as much diseases as physical diseases. We need to get them treated as matter of factly as we treat a physical disease. The proper specialist for treating a psychological condition is a psychiatrist. You must approach a psychiatrist and discuss your symptoms with him. There are a wide range of drugs like antidepressants and anti anxiety drugs which will no doubt help you to regain control of your life.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.