How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9571
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

hello i am a male 49 years old and need some advice please,

Customer Question

hello i am a male 49 years old and need some advice please, when having intercourse on my ejaculation i am getting severe stinging during and again whilst i need to urinate afterwards,i notice now i cant hold my urine long for it is to painful. please can you help.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. Have you been feeling thirsty lately?

Q. Do you have any pain in the lower abdomen?

Q. Do you have any blood in the semen?

Q. Do you feel the need to urinate once or twice in the night as well?

Q. Fever?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no just i can not hold my urine very long and whilst im about to ejaculate it hurts durring and after, abdomen pain hold my urine,noblood in semen, if i dont drink before bed time in fine all night.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the details.

A feeling of not being able to hold urine for a long time is known as urgency, a stinging or burning sensation in urine is known as dysuria, a painful orgasm or ejaculation pain is known as Odynorgasmia.
Dysuria and urgency are known as Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. These coupled with Odynorgasmia occur in Prostate related conditions, in your age group conditions affecting the prostate are chronic prostatitis and benign enlargement of the prostate.
Both these conditions can be differentiated from each other on a physical examination including a rectal examination - where by the prostate can be palpated and enlargement is felt. In case of prostatitis the prostate is also tender on examination.
The best course of action will be to see a Urologist since a physical examination is required. A laboratory test known as PSA needs to be done along with a urine analysis, culture and a semen analysis and culture and an ultrasound of the lower abdomen including the prostate is also in order.
If this is prostatitis, this can be treated by antibiotics and pain killers and drinking plenty of water and avoiding sexual intercourse for a couple of weeks.
In mild to moderate cases of benign prostate enlargement causing obstructive symptoms or lower urinary tract symptoms medication like alpha blockers can help and in severe cases, surgery like transurethral retrograde prostatectomy - a day care procedure is helpful.
Hope this has helped.
Please do leave a positive rating for the assist, if satsified.
If you need more information on the subject or have further queries, reply back without rating, I am here to help till you are satisfied.