How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrHelen Your Own Question
DrHelen, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 61
Experience:  UK Family doctor with special interest in Palliative Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrHelen is online now

Hi Dr, i am a 26 year old male from. London UK I have noticed

Customer Question

Hi Dr, i am a 26 year old male from. London UK

I have noticed for sometime that I have 3 small brown pigmented areas (?moles) on the right side of the foreskin of my penis. They are usually not visable until I pull the foreskin back. They are grouped quite closely together on the right side of my foreskin, 2 of them are much closer together. The larger of the pigmented areas is a few millimeters in size and thin rectangular in shape and appears to be slightly darker. They are flat.

I can't say the exact time I first noticed them, although it has been some, ... it is just that Sometimes they appear more prominent and I wonder if this should be a cause for concern. I would be grateful for your advice, thank youyou
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHelen replied 5 years ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Helen and I hope I can help you.


It is certainly possible that these are simply small moles. Moles can appear anywhere on the body and you can get new ones any time. The fact that they are pigmented would suggest they are moles.


However there is a possibility that these are small warts caused by the human papilloma virus. HPV is a viral infection passed on by sexual contact. Usually though the HPV causes lesions which are flesh coloured, not pigmented, which does not fit with your description. However they do occur in little groups.


Here is a link that tells you more about HPV:



To get an accurate diagnosis you really need to have these examined either by your GP or you could go to your local sexual health clinic (held in your nearest hospital) if you would prefer.


These do not sound sinister but I think it would be helpful for you to be examined so that you can be given a definitive diagnosis.


Best wishes.



I joined JustAnswer in June 2013 and am a UK doctor. I have been qualified for 23 years and have widespread experience in GP and cancer care.