Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

would std symptoms show up within 72 hours even using a condom

would std symptoms show up within 72 hours even using a condom . symptoms slight redness on penis opening and maroon diarrhoea possibley containing blood ?
Hi--have you ever had that kind of problem with your stools before? The redness is isolated to the tip of your penis?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes sometimes suffer from hemroids . redness only ar urine exit but no pain when passing water .

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

There is always a chance of STD (even with a condom) but it is unlikely.

Your symptoms of redness on the tip of the penis could be consistent with an STD but I doubt it if you used a condom.

You should be tested for STDs but that seems to be the least of your issues right now.

The maroon stools indicate a GI bleed. There could be some bleeding somewhere along the GI tract. Maroon usually indicates upper or middle GI tract bleeding.

This is not related to an STD in any way.

This is an emergency though.

I would recommend that you get the GI issues sorted out first by going to the hospital and having them check your blood counts and possibly having an endoscopy done.

Get the STDs tested for either there or when the GI issues are sorted out.

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you for your help . I was treated for suspected ulcer sept 2012 but still ocassionally get stomach twinges , there is a history of stomach cancer in the family could this be related ?

Thanks for this reply. :)

Yes, I think your ulcer is back.

It could be related to cancer but it is more likely an ulcer.

I recommend you have an endoscopy done as soon as you can.

You should get to the hospital today for this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you . I cant make hospital until tomorrow . At the moment Im feeling fine , no feeling sick or dizziness or feeling faint or any other symptom .

I suppose if you can't go today then you have no choice but I strongly recommend it

If you can't go today make sure you don't drink, smoke or take any over the counter pain killers

Also, if you get any symptoms go to the hospital right away.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

will do . thank you for all your help .

you're welcome.

I truly wish you the best.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States